Chef meeting & events
Working at Karel V, interested?
You are all about delivering quality. Are you ready for a new step in your career? Do you see yourself as a link between the guest, the banqueting kitchen and the events department? We could use an organisational talent to manage a team of about 4fte. A job where no day is the same.
- You like organising and are used to thinking in numbers from 10 to 250 guests;
- Banquet production techniques are not new to you;
- The food sector is familiar territory for you and you closely follow developments in this world;
- You have an eye for detail and want to give our guests a 5-star experience;
- Learning moments are important to you and you never stop learning;
- Working independently and freely is a necessity for you and you enjoy motivating and managing people;
- It is important to you to have nice colleagues and you appreciate a nice and pleasant company to work for;
- Apprenticeship is a plus, but otherwise you can get it at our expense
- You will lead the Banqueting kitchen team (about 4 fte)
- You contribute to the development and improvement of the menus and dishes in collaboration with Executive Chef de Cuisine Leon Mazairac
- Monitoring quality and planning on a daily basis
- Local cooking and working with honest products and ingredients are self-evident for you
- You inspire and guide the team in a positive way
- You communicate with the Meeting & Events department on a daily basis
- Organising & planning is one of your qualities and you can work in a project-oriented way
- The regulations in the field of safety & HACCP are just a piece of cake for you
Grand Hotel Karel V stands for open communication, pleasant working atmosphere, a promising product in a beautiful historical building and good accessibility by public transport.
Our terms of employment are in line with the hospitality collective labour agreement with interesting extras such as the ‘know where you work’ programme.
Grand Hotel Karel V is a hotel with an informal working atmosphere. It is a large property with a quiet, green inner garden, 121 spacious hotel rooms, 13 function rooms, 2 restaurants (Bistro Karel 5 and Restaurant Karel 5) and a wellness and fitness centre. The garden and property are beautifully maintained and the rooms have recently been renovated.