Intern front office
Interested in working at Karel V?
Calm and clear are terms that describe you. During your Front Office internship, you will handle a variety of responsibilities. Checking someone in in English, explaining the route in German or taking a special request in Dutch. Together with the team, you will be the business card. A nine-to-five job is not something that suits you, you are more into diversity!
A reception trainee must meet a number of requirements:
- Namely, representative
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- Ability to speak calmly and clearly
- Sense of responsibility
- Welcoming and checking in guests based on reservation lists; alerting concierge for escort to room, creating and handing out key cards
- Giving general and tourist information to guests
- Providing service, such as providing wake-up service, receiving and passing on messages, ordering taxis, making restaurant reservations, complaints, etc.
- Checking out departing guests, settling their bill, cash or credit card
- Drafting and sending standard letters and e-mails using PC
- Taking care of (part of) the outgoing mail (packing, franking, etc.)
- Other work related to the above on the instructions of the manager
- Internship allowance of €500 and many extras such as the ”know where you work” programme where you stay overnight at the hotel as a guest, among other things.
- Internship in the heart of Utrecht. Grand Hotel Karel V is located in the centre of Utrecht, within walking distance of Central Station and by train only 30 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station
- Combine daily/weekly work with specific assignments from school. Possibly carry out additional assignments or projects for the company
Grand Hotel Karel V is a hotel with an informal working atmosphere. It is a large property with a quiet, green inner garden, 121 spacious hotel rooms, 13 function rooms, 2 restaurants (Bistro Karel 5 and Restaurant Karel 5) and a wellness and fitness centre. The garden and property are beautifully maintained and the rooms have recently been renovated.