Interested in working at Karel V?
You have a great sense of responsibility. As a housekeeping intern, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership skills. You will ensure that the employees’ work runs smoothly and supervise progress and execution quality. A fun and educational challenge! Together with the team, you will ensure that 10+ experience for the guest becomes a reality!
- You have good knowledge and command of the Dutch and English languages;
- Communication skills;
- Independent & a multi-tasker;
- Flexible & creative;
- Enthusiastic & eager to learn;
- Social & team player
As a trainee in the Housekeeping department, you will be considered a Supervisor after a thorough induction period. We expect the intern to be able to function independently within the Housekeeping team. Even running the department all by yourself for a few days is not unthinkable, provided the intern can handle this. The supervisors and department head make this decision
- Starting up a working day; according to the staffing level, planning and distributing the work to be done among colleagues. Preparing all tools for the room maintenance staff. (trolleys, hoovers, etc.)
- Closing a working day; using all work lists of the room maintenance employees, breaking down and recording the hours worked.
- Placing orders for (and/or assisting with) guest supplies and cleaning products.
- When observing defects in rooms, corridors and public areas, taking immediate action to have it repaired by Technical Services Department.
- Assist with linen management: monitor distribution, quantities and quality of linen. In case of discrepancies, immediately inform Supervisors and/or department head so that action can be taken.
- Identifying staff shortages relative to occupancy. Working with the Supervisor to prevent this.
- Keeping the linen stock up to date. Signalling if shortages threaten to occur here.
- Taking immediate action when signalling technical malfunctions and/or defects in rooms/public areas.
- An interesting multifaceted internship
- Internship allowance of € 500 and many extras such as the ”know where you work” programme where you stay overnight at the hotel as a guest, among other things.
- An internship in the heart of Utrecht. Grand Hotel Karel V is located in the centre of Utrecht, at walking distance from the Central Station and by train only 30 minutes from Amsterdam Central
Grand Hotel Karel V is a hotel with an informal working atmosphere. It is a large property with a quiet, green inner garden, 121 spacious hotel rooms, 13 function rooms, 2 restaurants (Bistro Karel 5 and Restaurant Karel 5) and a wellness and fitness centre. The garden and property are beautifully maintained and the rooms have recently been renovated.