Grand Hotel Karel V
Grand Hotel and Restaurant Karel V is a unique 5-star hotel in the historic centre of Utrecht. This is where medieval charm and modern luxury come together. The splendid complex of buildings and magnificent courtyard gardens dates from the 14th century and was reopened in 1999 after an impressive renovation. Where the knights of the Teutonic Order once resided, with Charles V and his sister Maria of Hungary among their prominent guests, these very walls now house:
- 121 exceptional rooms and suites,
- the gourmet Restaurant Karel 5,
- the convivial Bistro Karel 5 with its authentic local dishes
- the medieval Caves Caroli cellar bar
- a wellness centre with indoor swimming pool
- 13 magnificent stylish function rooms where your meeting, congress, conference, product presentation, dinner, wedding or family party is guaranteed to be an outstanding, prestigious experience
- 10,000 m2 courtyard garden with a delightful terrace – the best kept secret in Utrecht
Our enthusiastic staff will do everything to provide all you need for an unforgettable stay in a relaxed atmosphere.
karel v slideshow
Grand Hotel and Restaurant Karel V is located in the heart of the historic centre of Utrecht, at walking distance from all the major sights and entertainment venues, with a view of the Dom, close to the Central Station and arterial roads. The hotel has its own car park.