Chef de partie
Interested in working at Karel V?
Grand Hotel Karel V is immediately looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Chef de Partie at Bistro Karel 5! Do you see yourself working in a monumental, five-star hotel in the historic centre of Utrecht? Then read on quickly!
- You are ready for a top-level culinary challenge;
- You have culinary ambitions, affinity and experience with a large brigade;
- In the bistro kitchen we work with a 4-day work week, so you work 40 hours in 4 days;
- You enjoy actively thinking about improving the product;
- A personal schedule can be taken into account and there is a possibility for fixed days off;
- You will join a friendly team with colleagues who are full of experience and enthusiasm and enjoy passing on their knowledge to others;
- There is the possibility to grow; there are career opportunities within the company;
- You want to keep developing as a cook; think about menu development, coming up with dishes together, taking a masterclass, etc.
- You are partly responsible for the day-to-day running and progress of the Bistro kitchen;
- You are partly responsible for supervising (professionally) and preparing dishes;
- You provide input and you are creative with regard to the composition and changes of menus, menu and methods, all on the instructions of the Chef;
- You ensure a tidy workplace and work according to HACCP rules;
- You contribute to the high-quality performance and execution of the culinary concept in the Bistro.
Working at Grand Hotel Karel V stands for open communication, a pleasant working atmosphere and a promising product. At Grand Hotel Karel V, employees are the basis of our success. Our terms of employment are in line with the hospitality collective labour agreement with interesting extras such as the ‘know where you work’ programme.
Always focused on service, always focused on style and always from the heart. With shared values such as commitment, respect and initiative, there is a unique atmosphere to work and develop yourself.
We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations every day. By delivering outstanding service in an extraordinary environment. And from the belief that personal attention to our guests is the guarantee of an unforgettable experience. That is why we are looking for independent employees with a passion for service and a talent for hospitality.
Grand Hotel Karel V is located in the centre of Utrecht, within walking distance of Central Station and only 30 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station by train.
Grand Hotel Karel V has 121 hotel rooms, 13 function rooms, 2 restaurants (Bistro Karel 5 and Restaurant Karel 5) as well as a wellness and fitness centre.