Gulden vlies room
With monumental elegance
The Gulden Vlies room is named after the Chapter Meeting of the Golden Fleece – the reason Charles V spent some time in German House. The room is located in the vault tower from 1450. This was previously used as a vault of the Knightly Teutonic Order, archive and dungeon. Remarkable is the cross vaulted ceiling. Nice detail: the hatch with ‘letterbox’ at the bottom of the tower so that bats can fly in and out. The room, overlooking the Officers’ Garden, offers an intimate ambiance for a meeting, the signing of contracts or a private lunch or dinner at the round table.